Occupational Health and Safety Workshop
- Included in course: The OHS Act booklet, file with appropriate OHS reference material and presentation, and a certificate on completion
- Duration: 1 Day and 4 Hours
- Course Contents: Introduction to occupational health and safety (OHS) and the OHS Act 85, of 1993 (this includes a hand out of OHS Act booklets to keep and utilise).
- Highlights of and interactions regarding various important and applicable sections of the OHS Act.
- Discussion around interpretations of the OHS Act (e.g. sections 7, 8, 16 (16.2)), 37).
- Discussion of existing OHS structures/systems, non-conformances and implications.
- Review of the Department of Labour full-page publication in the Sunday Times.