F2 Basic Fire Fighting Training Course
- Included in course: Learner workbooks, Fire Equipment use and Recharge, Certificate
- Duration: 1 Day
- Course Contents: Fire Introduction
- Giving Warning Of A Fire
- The Burning Process
- The Fire Tetrahedron
- Classes Of Fire
- Extinguishing Mediums And Extinguishers, water, Foam, Carbon Dioxide, Dry Chemical Powder
- Fire Equipment Requirements
- Methods Of Operation
- Operating Procedure
- Care And Maintenance Of Fire Equipment
- How Fire Spreads
- Fire Prevention
- Fire Hose Reels
- Fire Buckets
- Fire Blankets
- Getting Out Alive
- Lifting And Carrying Techniques
- Fire Suppression With Hose And Hydrant Operations
- Types Of Fire Attacks
- Emergency Plan Basics
Firefighting (F2) is a step up from our Basic Fire Awareness course and entails revisions of all knowledge gained in the F1 Course, as well as additional firefighting techniques and how to apply them in a safe and correct manner. Increasing one’s knowledge and skills in the handling of fire is only going to mean better handling of an emergency situation.
Although firefighting tips can always be picked up from common sense and a few general instructions, too many lives are lost and too much property is damaged every year in South Africa to simply rely on instinct. At Action Training, we offer comprehensive fire awareness training for emergency situations.
After completing this level, please note you can start making arrangements for the (F3) Advanced Fire Fighter Training Course.
Completed the basic firefighting course? Contact us for feedback on the Firefighting (F2) course.